Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Saying Goodbye Again

A week ago, we watched Kale and Kayla leave out for Texas.  They’ve made it safe and sound.  Their apartment is adorable and they’re all settled in.

Today, Tyler headed out to Hot Springs for most or all of January for work. He works as an insurance agent for my brother-in-law and will be staying with them as he gets further training. I sure am gonna miss him… even though he’s not around much these days.

Tyler leaving for Hot Springs 010310 (1)

It was especially hard to see him go because I gave him strong “motherly advice” yesterday to consider going early because there was a slight chance for some snow overnight… only about 15% and maybe as much as a half inch.  He decided it would “be alright”.  So, when we woke up to 4” of snow this morning, I was a little upset.  It then snowed most of today too. 

Tyler leaving for Hot Springs 010310 (3)He left around 4:00 for what under normal conditions would take about 3 1/2 hours to get there. He hit a deer on slick roads at about the half-way mark.  He is okay, and he thinks the deer was too, but the vehicle got a little damage.

Thankfully, he got there a little before 9:00… FIVE hours later!! Here he is, safely, in Kristin’s living room.

Tyler safe in Hot Springs 010310So, it looks like it’s truly the “empty nest” for me and Dave for a while.  That’s going to seem awfully strange… and quiet.

12 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad Tyler made it ok. I bet you were growling a little this morning when you realized he should have taken your motherly advice, I know I would have been.

So from one empty nester to another, enjoy it.....it's really not too bad!!! Luv ya girl!!!

Kelly said...

I know this is a big life adjustment for you right now. Praying it will be a good one. I know it probably seems like it came WAY too fast!

The Garners said...

Thinking of you! If you get too lonely, please come visit us--it's never quiet around here! :) Rhett would probably love to show you his office chair and copy machine. :)

Kelley said...

I am thinking about you today. I know it must be difficult. I am glad Tyler isn't too far from home. I am sorry he hit the deer or the deer hit him. That is just something else. Glad he made it to Hot Springs.

I woke up this morning and our school district was closed. Not sure why. Mary-Kate was excited to have a snow day!

Susie said...

I'm glad he made it safely. 4" of snow? I bet it was pretty!

Hope you guys stay warm.

Dorothy said...

You will suffer the pangs of 'empty nest syndrome' for a while, for sure. We actually has a snow flurry or two today! Four inches is a nice snow and I would like to see one before winter is over. Stay warm!

Heather said...

So glad he made it safe! Saying a prayer for God to bless your "empty nest" and you tonight!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I know it doesn't seem like it now but you get used to that empty nest and you begin to like it - God has a way of changing our perspective as we change stages in our life. You know I'm in Hot Springs so if you ever need anything at all you just let me know. blessings, marlene

Mary L. Briggs said...

I'm so glad he had a safe trip. (Those kids just never take 'motherly' advice, do they? LOL!

We had an 'empty nest' for two years, but now our daughters are back home. It is an adjustment either way!

petrii said...

WOW I'm glad Tyler made it okay. This weather is just crazy!!!

What an adjustment for you and Dave friend. But maybe ya'll can start doing couple things again now that the kiddos are grown!!

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

Leigh Ann said...

I know my nest will be empty before I turn around! Why does it have to go so fast?

prashant said...

Glad he made it to Hot Springs.

Work from home India