I haven’t blogged in forever. Life just seems to whiz on by… here’s what I’ve been up to lately.
- We’re preparing to start our 4th year of Awana at church in less than 2 weeks and there’s lots to get done!!
- I’m training three nights a week and going to tennis lessons one night a week (and LOVING them!).
- Laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, yada yada.
- And in our spare time, we’ve been playing tennis, tennis and more tennis.
- For those of you who don’t read my fitness journal, I’ve been struggling with a slow gain for the past several years. At the first of this year, I decided to keep an online journal to try to motivate myself as well as have a place to hold myself accountable. From the first of the year til my vacation at the end of May, I was down about 5 pounds. When I got back from vacation, I had gained back those 5 pounds. I decided I needed to do SOMETHING different. So, I began to track my typical style of eating (mostly Body For Life) into Weight Watcher points. The first week I lost 3.5 pounds. I was amazed. As of today, 11 weeks later, I’m down 13 pounds and back in the 120s. Makes me happy.
- Kale starts his last semester in college tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday he left “the nest” and me in tears on the way home. For those of you just dropping your child off at college… I can’t tell you enough how sweet these years have been in our relationship. Having adult children is great!
- Keeping caught up with “Big Brother”… who are y’all rootin’ for?
As you can see, not much to blog about… just living my every day life and staying busy.