My friend, Jamie, posted this on her blog and I thought it was fun. I hope you don’t mind me “borrowing” from your blog, Jamie.
Answer these questions about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!!
1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No
3. Did you car pool to school? No, almost every student road the bus. Jodi and I rode together every single day. Now, there are some memories.
4. What kind of car did you have? I never had a car until I met David. Jodi had a vehicle every once in a while, but we weren’t allowed out in it much – or did we take it and we weren’t supposed to??
5. What kind of car do you have now? Nissan Sentra
6. It's Friday night...where are you? At a ballgame. If it wasn’t basketball season… I was probably doing something I shouldn’t have been. Just sayin’.
7. It is Friday night...where are you? (now) Home blogging or going out to eat with my family.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? During school I worked for the CETA program in the school office or cleaning the Kindergarten (which is really gross). During the summers, I worked at the hospital (Sophomore), the school (Junior. Jodi and I worked there together – we made so much fun out of janitorial work), and my senior year I worked at the health office and ended up full-time there.
9. What kind of job do you do now? Church secretary
10. Were you a party animal? Animal? no. But, I did my fair share of stupid stuff.
11. Were you considered a flirt? I don’t think so, but for some reason the high school voted me “Biggest Flirt” my senior year. Go figure.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? There was no such thing. They wouldn’t have wanted me if we did have it though.
13. Were you a nerd? Not if you compared me to the ones that were.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No, but the teacher did tie me to a mop once in Home Ec so I wouldn’t keep disappearing from the classroom (to go shoot baskets).
15. Can you sing the fight song? Um, this is Bruno-Pyatt. There may have been fights, but no fight song.
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? I had teachers that I will always remember, but Mr. Huddleston, the Science teacher, left a lasting impression on me. I learned so much more than book stuff from him and he made me LOVE learning.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? The girl’s basketball players went to lunch earlier than everyone else so that we could combine two class periods for basketball. We’d all eat together and I think the headstart kids came in to eat at the same time. It was all about basketball for us!
18. What was your school's full name? Bruno-Pyatt School (it is a consolidation of the two town’s schools.)
19. When did you graduate? 1982
20. What was your school mascot? Patriot
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? In a minute. I’d work harder instead of just doing what had to be done. And, I would’ve went on to college.
22. Did you have fun at Prom? We didn’t have a “prom”… we had a Junior/Senior banquet – no dancing allowed. I did have a good time, but they were no way any where near my favorite memories of high school.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No, although I would like to know what happened to Roger. He was a sweet boy.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Probably, since I will be organizing it. We just had our 25th reunion in October 2007. I am not sure, but we’ll probably have a 30th, too.
25. Do you still talk to people from school? Yes. There were 25 in our graduating class. Right now, I pay for a website that keeps us in contact, but I’m trying to switch everyone to Facebook because it’s free. So far, only about 5 have switched.