I'm a new blogger, and when my friend, Judy, tagged me, I didn't know what that meant, so as far as I can tell, I need to answer this quiz and tag someone else (that'll be a tough one for this newbie!).
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Let's see - 1998. Kale was 11 years old and Tyler was 9. I was in my 4th year working as the secretary at our church (still am today). I was celebrating 15 years of marriage to my husband, David. In May, Tyler and I went with Kale and his "Odyssey of the Mind" State Championship Team to World Finals at Disney World. (That was great!!) We were just in the beginning phase of team sports ... and yes, I was one of those Moms you wouldn't want to sit near!
2. My favorite snacks
Hmm, most people know that I'm kind of a health nut, so I'll list what I love to snack on when I'm not behaving. I love chips and salsa, chocolate covered peanuts, mint chip ice cream, chocolate fudge pop tarts, and POPCORN with parmesan cheese on top. YUM! But, when I'm behaving, I eat yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with a banana or strawberry sliced in it. That does me good!!
3. Five things on my to-do list today
- Lunch date with a sweet friend
- Get ready for Vacation Bible School starting next Monday
- Pick up a few groceries
- Wash a load of towels
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire
I would give money to my church to build a family life center. I'd make sure my parents were "taken care of" and of course, I'd have to spend a bit on my kids. We would build or buy a home for our retirement years. And, a shopping trip to NY City would probably not be out of the question. Any takers?? (I'll be stopping by Nick Arrojo's salon to get a hair cut while I'm there!)
5. Five jobs I've had
I've actually only worked for 3 employers since graduation, but I can break them down a bit:
- Clerk at the local County Health Unit
- Ranger Boats - Sportswear (Monogramming and Sales)
- Ranger Boats - Accounts Payable
- Ranger Boats - Secretary
- First Baptist Church - Secretary/Treasurer
I am most blessed to have had very godly bosses in my current job and in my last job at Ranger. It makes going to work enjoyable!
6. Five places I've lived
(This is sad.) I lived 13 years in my childhood home, and then we moved to Pyatt, Arkansas, where I lived with my parents until I turned 18. I then moved to Yellville, AR (yes, there is a Yellville!).
Then, after David and I married we moved back to Pyatt for about six years, then back to Flippin where we live now (yes, there is a Flippin!).
I'm not sure you can count that as five, but it's the best I can do.
7. Five random things people wouldn't know about me
Oh, hard! I'm an open book ...
- I've read everything I can find on Abbot H. Thayer (painter). I found a reproduction at auction of a sketch of his daughter, Gladys, and it intrigued me.
- I think Gerard Butler is the cutest thing, ever!
- I have every Country Living magazine I've ever owned
- When I was young I wanted to be a nun
- Since I'm not a billionaire, I'd love for Judy to come redecorate my house on a budget for me
8. Five CD's I would take on a desert island
I haven't bought a CD in a long time... and I'm just now figuring out how to fill my BlackBerry with music... but I'd have to have some praise music! Of course, I'd have lots of the stuff on my playlist. Tyler says it's people like me that American Idol gets rich off of!!
9. People I tag
There are only a few people I know who blog. So, if you haven't already done the quiz, I tag you KELLY.
That was fun, Judy!!