While my power was out… I was given a few awards. I am so grateful to all of you who’ve thought of me and I’m happy to pass them on to some of my favorite people in the blog world.
Two of my blog friends, Dorothy from "Counting My Blessings" and Lauren from "Walk With Me On This Journey Called Life", presented me with this Attitude and Gratitude award. Thank you ladies, for thinking of little ole’ me!!
Here are the rules:
- Put the logo on your blog or post
- Nominate at least 10 blogs, which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
- Be sure to link to your nominees within your post
- Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog
- Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
- How did you get a great attitude and gratitude?
I am extremely grateful for God’s goodness in my life. I am FAR from perfect and I feel I’m on a journey each and every day to try to live this life in a way that is pleasing to God.
I’m grateful for my family. I’ve spent the past 25+ years loving them and appreciating all they are to me. I cannot imagine what my life would’ve been like without them.
I’m grateful for my church family and for the blessing it is to not only worship with them, but to work for and alongside them.
I’m grateful for good health… and I’m grateful for the lessons I’ve learned during sickness and even the death of loved ones. I’ve seen the reality of a life spent walking with God come to mean EVERYTHING to someone who has little time left.
I’m grateful for parents who love each other and have been an example to me throughout my life.
I’m thankful for the friends I’ve been given, some new friends and many long-time friends. I still have strong friendships with some of my high school friends… and Jodi and I have lived within a few minutes of each other and shared everything together for almost 32 years.
Those are just a few of the things I’m grateful for.
Because many of you have already received this award, I will not be able to pass it on to 10 people, but I will pass it on to these people who I believe have an attitude of gratitude during difficult circumstances… they show how to make lemonade out of the lemons that life has tossed at them:
Each of these bloggers has shown me how to respond in the face of adversity. Their attitude is always that of gratitude and thanksgiving. You deserve much more than a silly blog award!!
Life is Grand Award
Tim at "Fort Thompson" gave me this “Life is Grand Award” which I must list 5 reasons why my life is grand. Tim is a new blog friend, and a genuinely nice guy with a great testimony. Stop by and say “hi” to him.
2. Life is grand because I am a mom… to two wonderful boys who are now young adults. It’s an amazing time of life.
3. Life is grand because David has put up with me for all these years!
4. Life is grand because Kayla has given me a taste of what it would’ve been like to have a daughter.
5. Life is grand because I have five sisters who I grow to love more every day. I have five brothers, too, but there’s just something about being sisters.
This one goes to:
And then Kayla at "Head over Heels" gave me this award.
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find friends and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly- written text into the body of their award."
I give this award to:
* * * * * * * * * *
Thank you all for being a part of my life through this wild but wonderful blog world! I hope y’all enjoy these awards as I have!