Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I’ve Been Tagged

I’ve been tagged by Judy at Cushing's Family.  Judy has two adult children that suffer from Cushing’s disease.  She also has a blog she created of letters she received from her father.  Sweet!! That kind of stuff is right up my alley.

I am supposed to share eight random things about myself and tag eight people.  Here goes:

  1. I’m not a big beef eater.  When I was young and my mom had steak for supper, I’d ask if I could have a peanut butter and honey sandwich instead.  She always said “yes”.  I suppose that just meant more steak for everyone else!
  2. An after school snack when you have 11 kids is: Two Saltines crackers and a small glass of Kool-aid. I had it every day for years.
  3. I have naturally curly hair and have spent thousands of dollars on hair care products over the years – just ask Jodi – and recently I started doing something called “The Curly Girl Method”.  It entails washing your hair WITHOUT shampoo, banning terrycloth towels, no silicones or sulphates, lots of conditioner, and eliminating the blow dryer.  I know, I know.  I’m crazy!
  4. I am afraid of heights and enclosed spaces.  Elevators are pretty much my worst nightmare.
  5. I love popcorn with parmesan cheese on top!  My aunt introduced it to me for the first time when I spent the night with my cousin when I was just a girl.
  6. I’m trying to wean myself from “The Today Show” and switch to “Fox and Friends”. The only thing I miss is the local news inserts and WEATHER!
  7. I love breakfast. One of my favorites is – Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal mixed with 1/2 banana and berry yogurt. Yum.
  8. Ok, this last one is a confession…  there is a “rule” we have at work.  I’m not allowed to play Christmas music until AFTER Thanksgiving.  Because our Preacher might be “Scrooge”.  While he was gone last week, I signed in to my XM Radio subscription online and enjoyed Christmas tunes for several DAYS.  He’s back this week, so I laid low… but next week is AFTER THANKSGIVING, so I’m good to go!

I tag:

Betsy, Judy, Leigh Ann, Micaela, Kelly, Becky, Jamie, and Susie or anyone else who wants to play.

Hope y’all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

OK - random things - I'll try to think of 8 and do that post today!

The Garners said...

This is fun! I laughed about the Christmas music! I'll work on my post this afternoon if the turkey doesn't make me fall asleep (like that could happen with Rhett & Alexee around!) :)

judycolby said...

Hey, thanks for playing. It's kind of fun and leads to lots of other blogs to check out.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love random things posts! Loved your list too.

My hair is naturally curly, and a couple of summers ago, I read a book called "Curly Girl" (same one, maybe?) that recommended washing your hair once a week!?!! I didn't make it a week, but I think if I could ever find a style that worked with my curls, I'd love the freedom of being a curly girl.

Now, go CRANK UP that Christmas music!