I’ve been tagged by Judy at Cushing's Family. Judy has two adult children that suffer from Cushing’s disease. She also has a blog she created of letters she received from her father. Sweet!! That kind of stuff is right up my alley.
I am supposed to share eight random things about myself and tag eight people. Here goes:
- I’m not a big beef eater. When I was young and my mom had steak for supper, I’d ask if I could have a peanut butter and honey sandwich instead. She always said “yes”. I suppose that just meant more steak for everyone else!
- An after school snack when you have 11 kids is: Two Saltines crackers and a small glass of Kool-aid. I had it every day for years.
- I have naturally curly hair and have spent thousands of dollars on hair care products over the years – just ask Jodi – and recently I started doing something called “The Curly Girl Method”. It entails washing your hair WITHOUT shampoo, banning terrycloth towels, no silicones or sulphates, lots of conditioner, and eliminating the blow dryer. I know, I know. I’m crazy!
- I am afraid of heights and enclosed spaces. Elevators are pretty much my worst nightmare.
- I love popcorn with parmesan cheese on top! My aunt introduced it to me for the first time when I spent the night with my cousin when I was just a girl.
- I’m trying to wean myself from “The Today Show” and switch to “Fox and Friends”. The only thing I miss is the local news inserts and WEATHER!
- I love breakfast. One of my favorites is – Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal mixed with 1/2 banana and berry yogurt. Yum.
- Ok, this last one is a confession… there is a “rule” we have at work. I’m not allowed to play Christmas music until AFTER Thanksgiving. Because our Preacher might be “Scrooge”. While he was gone last week, I signed in to my XM Radio subscription online and enjoyed Christmas tunes for several DAYS. He’s back this week, so I laid low… but next week is AFTER THANKSGIVING, so I’m good to go!
Hope y’all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!