Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Salute and My Scale

Today is Veteran’s Day.  I want to take just a moment to thank our troops – both past and present – who have given so much for the cause of freedom and to defend this great nation.  We are blessed by their sacrifice.

If you recall, my nephew Cory is currently serving in the Middle East.  I’m praying for you, Cory, and your family while you are away on our behalf.

Airman Cory Goulet

Please continue praying for our troops.

_____________________________________

I’m sure you noticed, this morning I placed a ticker under my header.  I’ve been battling it out with my scale for a couple of years now gaining and losing the same few pounds.  So, in order to give myself a kick in the hind parts, I’m placing the counter where y’all can keep an eye on it.  My goal is to lose 6 pounds by New Year’s. 

Now I know… THEY say you can’t lose weight during the holidays, but I’m (once again) a freak!  I’m a little motivated by the things “they” say can’t be done.

I read on my friend Leigh Ann's blog tonight that she lost SIX pounds last week.  I’m a trainer, and I’m telling you, that’s a ton to lose in a week – that’s like, “Biggest Loser” effort!  I’m impressed, Leigh Ann!!

Well, if Leigh Ann can lose six pounds in a week, this old gal can lose six pounds in seven weeks.  I’m not a math genius, but that’s less than a pound a week. So, I’m going to give it a valiant effort.

Anyone care to join me?

9 comments:

Becky said...

God Bless our men and women in uniform. They give soooo much!!!

I did see your ticker. Girl you don't look like you need to lose an ounce! I read about Leigh Ann, good for her! Did you get some kettle balls yet? I'd break my neck with those things. LOL!

Susie said...

What a great idea to post your weight scale. Surely that will give you a boost to go for it.

I see you are a supporter of Samaritan's Purse. We use to do those shoeboxes too. Now we just shop their little Christmas catalog they send out. That's fun also.

Kelly said...

I'll join you starting in late january! :-)
And I can't even imagine where on earth you have 6 lbs to lose????

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kelly!! Where and why do you want to lose weight? You look great!!

In His Army said...

I noticed the ticker...good luck! I'm like you-tell me it can't be done and I'll just have the extra motivation to do it! I have been out of the blog loop fo rhte past two weeks--nice to finally get to read some posts!

amy (metz) walker said...

I think I'm just going to be lucky to get through the holidays without gaining. I'm just going to think of it as my winter coat! HA!

Leigh Ann said...

You are SO funny. First of all, you DON'T even look like you need to lose one ounce. Second of all, I lost six pounds by following the Weight Watchers point system and actually eating right...fruit, vegetables. What a novel idea. Right? Ha! I wish I only needed to lose six pounds! I've got a long way to go to my goal.


I'm still remembering Cory. What a handsome picture of him!

Betsy said...

You go, girl!! I didn't know you were a trainer! You definitely don't look like you need to lose any weight. You look so skinny! But I bet it won't be hard to take it off!! Good luck!

In His Army said...

Hey thanks for the advice about posting and I will try to get that done so that you can keep up with it better. Way to go--TWO Pounds already!!!!