Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

302–Ruby Red Slippers and an Earthquake

022811

Look what my sister found on the floorboard of my car today when she got in to go with me to the gym.  I guess Maddie is missing her ruby red slippers.

Last night when I was washing my face before bed (around 11-ish), I heard a noise that I thought at first was a jet flying over.  It caught me a little off-guard, but I didn’t think that much of it.  Then, when I got in bed the TV mentioned that an earthquake had hit in central Arkansas and was felt in our area.  So, it turns out my “jet” was an earthquake.

About an hour and a half later we were hit by severe storms.  I am terrified of storms, but after about 10 minutes I went back to sleep.

I was confused this morning when I went out to my car and it was covered in dirt after that heavy rain.  I told Ms. Charlsie that I couldn’t figure out why… unless it was from pollen or something off the trees.  I just saw on the news that there was dust in the air coming up from a Texas dust storm and that caused us to have “dirty rain”.  Isn’t that crazy??

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I just thought maybe it had rained hard enough to splash dirt onto my car again! So many crazy things going on in AR these days!

Jenn said...

We've had CrAzY weather today too! I dislike storms very much also and we got that line of strong storms/tornadoes early this morning. Thankfully we've had no earthquakes. I've never heard of such odd stuff happening lately. Makes ya wonder......

Kelley said...

That is really crazy weather. We didn't feel the earthquake here. My Mom thinks she did though. Weird about the dust storms coming all the way from TX. Hope you are having a good week!

Kayla said...

hmmm....better come on down here to TX! :)

Dorothy said...

Just heard about your quake. One of these days we're going to get a big one!

petrii said...

I heard about the earthquakes and thought of Heather at Sonic Speed. I didn't realize you'd probably feel them to. Crazy weather huh?

Love you friend ~~ have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Kimberley said...

i didn't feel anything or hear the storms. i must have been sleeping good, which is very rare!

colleen said...

hi! well i live here in the texas panhandle and on sunday we had the mother of all dust storms!!! it looked like the old footage of the dustbowl!!! it was very ugly here.. 50 mph winds and lots of dust! that is crazy it made it all the way to arkansas!!

Thomas and Jamie said...

Okay - 2 things! Previous commenter, Colleen - I live in the Texas Panhandle too...where are you??? I live in Canyon, just outside of Amarillo.

2nd thing - Not only were you dealing with our dust, but you were probably also dealing with our smoke! TONS of large wildfires with over 70 homes burned. So, sorry about your car! But, just consider that the Lord's way of taking a little of Kale and Kayla's state over to you!!!

Soy Country Candle Co. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
colleen said...

HI! what a small world we have in blogging!!! i live south of clarendon!! its nice to find a blogger so close to where i live!!