Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

190–Transparency

I started this blog in June 2008.  Over these past couple of years, I’ve posted about good times and some not so good times.  There’s been lots of blog discussion about just how transparent we should be on our blogs – especially when it affects other people.  I have eluded to difficult times or praying about something I’m going through without giving too much detail to protect others.

Last night, Tyler and I were talking about blogging.  I told him there were many times that I would have loved to spill my guts and tell what I was going through (so that people could pray for us or encourage me), but because it would have affected him I never said too much and kept things pretty vague. So, his posts have really impressed me…he has been very open and transparent about his life and how God is doing a work in him.  I have been completely overwhelmed with thankfulness for the way God has changed so much in my life in the blink of an eye.  On the way to work this morning, I began to think about the things that have transpired this last week and I began to thank God (again) for His goodness and faithfulness and began to weep (again) in gratitude.

For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been looking and looking for a blog post that I read several months ago.  I cannot, for the life of me, remember who’s blog it was, but someone wrote about how we oftentimes only see the situation we’re in and can’t see the end of the story.  Only God knows the end of the story.  And He also knows how beautifully the story will be written.  When I read what the author wrote, it just really ministered to me.  I have “given the situation to God” so many times over the years, but for some reason, reading what the blogger wrote really gave me hope. I knew if I trusted God with the end of the story and the pages in between, I could finally rest.  I suppose it’s a matter of faith.  But, I do know that after I came to this revelation, lots of things started happening that didn’t really make sense, but I just had to trust that it was part of the story.

All in all, God was at work.  And I am EVER SO GRATEFUL!

I would ask that you pray for Tyler and all the changes that are going on in his life.  And specifically, would you pray for him on Wednesday? He has an opportunity that we are praying God will make very plain to him by either an open or closed door.  We are good with the answer whichever door it turns out to be, but are praying God’s best for him in it.

And… Daisy is feeling much better… even though this picture doesn’t really look like it:

110810

11 comments:

Daisy said...

I love the work that God is doing through Tyler! I liked him before but i love the person who he is becoming or he hid =).. so excited for wednesday!

Miss daisy is passed out! but so glad she's feeling better!

Jenn said...

God is just Awesome!

Sometimes we tend to just see the small portion of our lives and the lives around us, but praise God, He sees the entire picture!

I am so happy about the prayers that He has answered with your family. Your son's blog is such an inspiration! He is gonna do some mighty things for His Savior - you can just tell!

I have always had issues with the transparency on the whole blog thing too. How much is too much to share?! But we as believers share a common bond through Christ and no matter where we live we can relate with each other and I find that amazing!

Praying for Wednesday and for Tyler!

Angie said...

Praying for Tyler

Becky said...

I LUV this post Jacquie! I will pray for Tyler and hope the best turns out for him whether the door opens or closes.

Luv you, sweet friend!

petrii said...

Jacquie,
Transparency sometimes is so hard. To really put yourself out there, you know that people may get hurt or really beat you up for your opinion. I am so proud of Tyler for his transparency and he is such a good writer.

Poor Daisy. So glad she is feeling better.

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Kayla said...

i couldn't be more proud of tyler! he has SUCH a way with words! God is doing GREAT things in him and it just excites me to see!

praying for tomorrow...

that poor daisy! so stinkin cute...

Kelley said...

I will be praying!

Kimberley said...

will lift up tyler and pray that god leads the way

Susie said...

I'll be sure to pray for Tyler. Right now we are going thru a time where nothing makes sense either. I know God is in control but things in our life are really crazy right now.

The Garners said...

So excited for Tyler and your family. I'll be thinking about him tomorrow!

StitchinByTheLake said...

First of all, I have lifted Tyler up today since I just read this! hoping that God will have answered all the prayers from yesterday and will continue to direct his life in such a way that all will know God is in control. Second, a mother's heart is the best thing a son has going for him on this earth - and Tyler has the best. blessings, marlene