Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

202–Saturday

About 30 minutes after I got Maddie down last night, she woke up crying and complaining of her ear hurting.  Oh my! It’s been a while since I’ve had to worry about stuff like that.  (I forgot how that just breaks your heart.) I gave her a little Tylenol and she finally went back to sleep.  She woke up this morning feeling just fine, though, so I’m hoping her ear is going to be okay.

We had a good time playing this morning.  She wanted me to read to her again today.  I am a firm believer in reading to kids, so I am always happy when she brings me a book.

She also had a good time pretending to faint on me.  The girl makes me belly laugh!

112010 (5)112010 (6)

Tyler, Daisy and I also watched “Letters to Juliet”, which I think is one of the sweetest little movies. Then Tyler left to go to Dave’s sister’s to deer hunt, Daisy and Mads headed home, and I started some laundry and finally, after all these months, tackled painting the “Love Room’s” closet doors.  I can finally cross that off my to do list.

112010 (7)112010 (8)112010 (4)

This evening, David and I went to A&W for supper. It’s supposed to be fast food, but after about 15-20 minutes, one of the teenagers from behind the counter came out apologizing that they had dropped David’s platter on the floor and were re-starting his meal. (They offered us free dessert for the wait.  I took a piece of pineapple cheese cake pie.) I’ve only been there about 3 or 4 times, but I’ve never seen an adult there behind the counter and it always seems like chaos.  I’m hoping that’s not the way it is all the time, but on our way out of the driveway, I noticed the sign out front:

112010 (3)

“Under New Management” Ha!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I am glad you weren't in any kind of hurry for dinner! Mary-Kate had several ear infections as a baby, but never had tubes. Last year I bought an ear checker. I seem to get an ear infection every year. This thing is cool because it tells you if there is fluid, when to monitor, or go see a doctor. It has lights that light up. I was excited to get to use it with Mady because I figured with her in daycare she would get ear infections and I could spot them real quick. Nope. She hadn't had one yet. So I have brought it to school and checked my co workers. Ha!

Kayla said...

poor, mads! glad she felt better today. she is the cutest thing ever. SO photogenic!

love the sign! haha

and i have no idea how i missed this post??