Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

205–Distance Dilemma

My girl, Kayla, called today and said she found out that she can take Christmas Eve off, but she has to work the day after Christmas.  That’s Sunday, people.  Who buys a car on Sunday, the day after Christmas??? Take a vacation already.

Because of that, they can’t come home now, so we are trying to figure out a plan to go to Houston.  It’ll be a quick trip (we’ll be driving), but at least we’ll be able to be together. At least, I hope we ALL will be able to go!!

My sister Kristin (#11) texted me today.  The text said, “Erik (her 3 year old son) was playing with his pretzels on the ottoman last night and I was about to get on to him because there was salt all over…until I noticed what he was doing”…

112310

Haha!!  He is ONLY three years old.  I’m certainly impressed!

Tyler texted me this evening and asked me if I had donated through KLOVE today.  They were linking with World Vision for a “Thanksgiving 4 Africa” food drive.  When combined with grant funds, every dollar donated is being quadrupled and donated to the twelve poorest countries in Africa. He wanted me to get online and donate for him.  Let me just say that Tyler doesn’t have any extra money right now, but he wanted to give.  I LOVE what God is doing in his heart.  He is a new creation and I am once again overwhelmed with gratitude for all the blessings in my life.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

we will get it all figured out!! i almost started crying when i found out though...especially since they aren't advertising that we will even be open. how silly is that!?!?!

wow, that cute, little erik IS impressive!!

Susie said...

What a smart little one Erik is.

I enjoy K-love lots myself!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Be careful driving - I know it's worth it to see your child but it's such a busy holiday on the highways! blessings, marlene

Kelley said...

I love KLOVE too. That Erik is so smart!