Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

007 – Mother’s Day 2010

007

Yesterday I spent with my Mother and today we went to see David’s adopted Mother (Ms. Charlsie).  He picked her some roses from our bush in the front yard and we brought her some cake. She has a sweet tooth.

Her brother, Lloyd, was there when we arrived.  We LOVE to hear Lloyd tell stories.  They both have minds like steel traps.  They remember names and events from when they were young kids.  I could listen all day long.

Here are a couple photos of two of our favorite people (and “Sweetie” liked to get in the pictures, too!) …

Jacquie and Charlsie and Sweetie (3) Lloyd and David Lloyd and Jacquie (2)We are so blessed to have these two precious people in our lives. 

I got a kick out of this ecard that Kale sent me today… that’s a promise that will be very valuable over the years!!

Happy Mother’s Day, y’all!

8 comments:

The Garners said...

What a fun day.
Love the ecard!

Kelley said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful day. I love hearing Charlsie stories. I had my own "Charlsie" growing up. Her name was Faye. I rode the bus to her house after school until my parents got home from work. She made the best cookies. I could have listened to her all day.

Kayla said...

love the pictures! i can't wait to see charlsie!!!! your hair looks cute! :) and i thought the card was very fitting! he laughed as soon as he saw it! :)

His Doorkeeper said...

Love the pics with Ms. Charlsie!

The card was hilarious!

Susie said...

Looks like a sweet day and a fun card!

Lauren said...

Sweet pictures, and love that card he gave you, haha!! :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a great card - and you're right, very valuable too. :) blessings, marlene

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

Haha, love the card!!! And I promise to get caught up on my pictures ASAP- my laptop's broken :(