Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

016 – A TJ Maxx Birthday!

016

I think y’all know about my mad LOVE for TJ Maxx.  Well, apparently I’ve made myself perfectly clear to those I love because it was a TJM birthday!! And guess who’s going to Branson on Saturday?? I couldn’t be any more excited!! (Thank you all for the gifts!!)

I love birthdays.  I ALWAYS make a big deal out of birthdays. I still want to make a big deal out of my grown kids’ birthdays.

When Jodi and I go to the beauty shop, I usually get “in the chair” first.  As soon as I sit, I start in telling Kay what I want, what I wish I could change, asking her advice about what to do with this mess of hair I have, etc.  So, when Jodi finally gets to sit “in the chair”, if I interrupt “her” time… she quickly reminds me, “It’s ALL about me, now, Jacquie!”  So that’s our saying at the beauty shop.

Well, today was all about me!! Ha!

It started off pretty great when Kale called at 6:30 AM to wish me a happy birthday.  That’s a little earlier than I normally get up, but it was well worth it just hearing his voice!

Then Tyler hauled my Salvation Army desk home for me and then we ate lunch together. I even ate a Subway “birthday” cookie!! YUM!

Jodi came to visit me for a while at work.

I also got a sweet phone call from the best daughter-in-law in the world! (Kale is super thoughtful, but I have a sneaky suspicion that she is the one who keeps him on his holiday toes.)

After Izzy and I hit the park for 3 miles, David and I went to eat supper at Chili’s.  We finished the day off watching a couple of sweet boys from our church play a little midget league baseball. SO cute!!

And now… American Idol (GO LEE!) and Biggest Loser (Can’t decide who I want to win)…

8 comments:

Kayla said...

i'm glad you felt special on YOUR day! :D

i actually didn't even have to remind K...he's really pretty good with all that! in fact, he asked me if i had gotten in touch with you on YOUR day!! love it!

can't wait to see what you find this weekend!

Kelley said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day. I know you will have a blast in Branson. It is so much fun shopping there.

Susie said...

Sounds like a great and wonderful day.

Lauren said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday, girl!!!!! And you cannot go wrong with TJ Maxx!!!!!! :)

The Garners said...

I'm glad you had a great day!!! Have fun on your TJMaxx shopping trip.

Wasn't Lee awesome last night on AI!? I like all three of the finalists, but I'm cheering for Lee. I thought he was about to cry after his second song--he seems like a really humble, good guy and he has improved SO much during the season. I thought he was far far better than the other two last night.

We got so far behind on recorded B.Losers this season that we gave up...I always enjoy the finale though and seeing their accomplishments--I think Lane recorded it.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am a HUGE TJ MAXX fan.....Lee was amazing last night...and I love Crystal...

petrii said...

Okay, so I'm little late on the b-day wishes Jacquie, but

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!

Sounds like you had a GREAT one. Such a thoughtful, beautiful family you have.

I know ~~ GO LEE!!! He is just so sweet and humble, AND GOOD!!

I don't know on The Biggest Loser either. They have all done SO amazing!!

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

StitchinByTheLake said...

Oh I missed it...happy belated! blessings, marlene