Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

013 – Thrifting and a Movie with Jodi

013When I called Jodi this morning we decided to run to Branson (T.J. Maxx and Target), but when I got to her house it was STILL raining… so we opted for a movie instead.  We got to town a little early so we made a quick trip to the Salvation Army … and look what I got for Tyler’s old bedroom (now the other spare room)!!  The desk was $75 and the table $10. I think I’m going to paint them black.  I haven’t completely decided yet.

Salvation Army finds for Tyler's old bedroom (1) Salvation Army finds for Tyler's old bedroom (3)

I also got that little silhouette lamp ($2).  There’s a boy on one side and a girl on the other.  I’m going to have to find a lampshade to go with it.  And that’s Jodi’s popcorn popper on top of the little table. We weren’t there long… but we had a lot of fun.

LettersToJuliet movie

We saw “Letters to Juliet” and it was a sweet movie.  At the beginning of the movie I leaned over and told Jodi that “Sophie” looked like a young Michelle Pfeiffer and “Charlie” like a young Heath Ledger (it was uncanny!).  By the end of the movie, every time the camera was on “Sophie’s” face, all I could think was how stinkin’ cute Amanda Seyfried is.  It’s just not right. 

Have you seen it yet??

7 comments:

Kayla said...

glad you girls had fun! i'm looking forward to seeing your new buys!

His Doorkeeper said...

I'll probably never see the movie but I love romance in a movie! LOVE the little $10 table! Great buy!

Kelley said...

I love what you bought. Those are great finds. I haven't seen the movie yet, but it looks great.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Perfect finds - I'm jealous! blessings, marlene

Lauren said...

I want to see that movie, it looks so cute!!!! :)

Susie said...

Haven't seen the movie but I want to. Looks great!

The Garners said...

I like your furniture purchases--very cute!

I haven't seen that movie, but it sounds good. We went to see Ironman2 Saturday night, but I fell asleep. I liked the parts that I saw, but I was just too tired to try to keep my eyes open any longer!