Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

069 – An Afternoon with Ms. Charlsie

Charlsie’s brother, Lloyd (who is almost 82), had back surgery last week.  He’s had a really rough last several months with the pain he has endured.  She was so relieved that he finally got the surgery and is hopefully on the way to feeling much better (after all the necessary recuperation).  Anyway, he got out of the hospital and stayed a couple days at his daughter’s house.  They took him home last Wednesday and David took her to visit him Thursday evening.  I couldn’t go because I had training appointments, so we took her back this afternoon.

I love how tender David is with her… here they are walking to the car:

071010 (1) 071010 (2)

After she got settled in the front seat, Dave offered her an old pair of my sunglasses. She was happy to wear them.  I tried to get a photo from the back seat:

071010 (3)

She was stylin’!!

I made note of a couple “Charlsie-isms” today:

  • I got SO tickled at her when she was getting into the car and she moaned as she tried to sit and said, “I’m getting old.” She’s 91 1/2 and is GETTING old. Ha!!
  • To Dave on the dirt road: “This car rides a little smoother than your old truck.”
  • As we approach the highway and checked for oncoming traffic she tells Dave, “It’s clear.”  (She can barely see! Ha!) She did that each time we needed to look for traffic.
  • To a car about to turn onto the highway in front of us she says, “Just wait a minute, we’ll be by.”

There’s never a dull moment with her.  She’s a dandy!

6 comments:

Kayla said...

AWWW I LOVE this post!! I love the pictures of Dave walking her to the car. She looked so pretty today! :) And those sunglasses...she's got some style! ;) I just want to hug all 3 of you right now!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Love your Charlsie stories....keep them coming!!!

Dorothy said...

Neat post! Just think about all the wisdon and more Charlsie-isms that must be in her head!!!

Kimberley said...

what a sweet lady! i always enjoy your charlsie posts :)

The Garners said...

I love this post! That's so cute of her wearing your sunglasses!

Kelley said...

That is absolutely precious! She is so cute! You are right, she is a dandy. I like her isms.