Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

087 – Sunset and a Laundry Question

I took these pictures with my phone tonight as I was about to leave church.  I might’ve had a better shot if I had my camera, but the sky was beautiful and I wanted to catch it.

Back Camera Back Camera

I have a laundry question for y’all…

I bought a 3-bin sorter for my laundry room a while back (I think it was March) and it didn’t hold up well at all.  I am not a fan of laundry (is anyone?) and I have never liked to pile it in one place and then have to sort it… so I love having it already sorted and ready to throw in the washer.  I’m on the hunt for one that is more sturdy and just as functional. 

What do y’all do?? Do you pile and sort? Do you have a handy laundry sorter??

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love doing laundry. Really I do. I have four baskets sitting acrossthe top of the washer and dryer and I throw it in!! Darks, jeans, whites, and towels.

Becky said...

Well, you know I'm a little crazy. OK, a whole lotta crazy, but I'm a laundry lover!! I do not mind laundry at all, now cooking....well, that is another subject. Anywho, Alvin's dirty clothes are in his bathroom closet and I have a built in hamper in my bathroom. I just gather it all up and throw them in the laundry room floor and sort - darks, jeans, whites and towels.

And that is how it is done at the Mullins house!

The Garners said...

My elaborate (ha) laundry plan: if it's not red or delicate, it can wash together. I keep those two categories in the basket on top of the dryer to build up enough for a load. Everything else goes into the washing machine and when it's full enough that I think it might break the washer to add more, I start the load! I'm really picky with the delicates/nicer items, but for everything else...if it's clean, I'm happy. I have baskets in our closet and the kids' bathroom for laundry, but it bugs me to see dirty clothes in them, so I carry the dirty clothes to the machine about every day (or a few times a day).

Lauren said...

That sky is AMAZING!!!

Dorothy said...

Beautiful sky pictures! I throw it all in one basket and sort it out when I get ready to wash!

sl said...

I am with you on not liking laundry. I gave up sorting and now wash all clothes in cold. They really do get clean and it is so much easier to throw all the clothes in without sorting. Of course I still need to do a white load every now and then. We are a small family and this works for us.

Kayla said...

you saw what i do the other day. I like my hamper i got from TJM so that works for me! :)

Kelley said...

I don't love it. I feel recently we just wear out of baskets because I am too tired to hang anything up. I do pile and sort like Becky though.