Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

073 – Music in the House

There’s been a little talk on Kayla’s blog lately about house-hunting… and that has precipitated a little more conversation about where they would put this:

Kale's piano

Ever since 2005, I’ve had it in my living room…it is huge!!!  (I wrote about Kale and his senior year project here.)  This is the second of the two pianos he bought that day (January 1, 2005).  It is his “baby”… next to Kayla, of course.  Someday, probably sooner than later, he is going to have it sent for and I will have a huge hole in my living room.  I’m going to have to fill that spot with another (maybe an old upright) so that when he does come home… music can fill the house again.

When they were home a couple of weeks ago, I got emotional just listening to him play.  He plays pieces like “Canon in D”, “As the Deer”, and several classical compositions (I think Chopin is his favorite).  He even pounds out enough of “The Phantom of the Opera” to get me all excited. Ha!  He says it’s been too long and he can hardly play anymore (he didn’t have much access to a piano in college), but I LOVE the sound of the piano in my house… and I can’t wait until he’s able to be playing his very own piano again in his very own home!

Now to get Tyler to come and perform for me on occasion…

Fester and guitar

5 comments:

petrii said...

Jacquie,
I have a piano as well, but it is NOT a baby grand. Oh how I would love to get my hands on that, if only for an afternoon =)

I LOVE playing a baby grand. That have the prettiest sound.

So if they are looking for a house then I guess they plan on staying in Houston? tear.

Have a Blessed day friend,
Dawn

Dorothy said...

Wow! That IS pretty huge! I love to hear piano music (or any other kind of music) in the house! I missed that in Augusta.

Kelley said...

That is beautiful! My mom and my grandmother play the piano. I took lessons, but I wasn't for good. I love Phantom of the Opera too. That is exciting for them to be looking for their first home.

Susie said...

How neat you have musicians for children. I love the piano and guitar. Wish I could play them!

The Garners said...

That is cool pic of T & the guitar--it looks like it could be an album cover!

I'm hoping our kids are musical (unlike me--wish I had the Hopper music gene).