Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

082 – Staying Cool

This morning while I was getting ready for work, our power flickered for what seemed like forever… when it finally righted itself I noticed the air conditioner had quit… and it didn’t sound good.  After a little investigating I realized it wouldn’t come back on.  It’ll be sometime next week before it can be fixed, so this is what we have tonight (in two windows):

Back Camera

It has been SO hot here, so I was really worried about it, but can I just say what a blessing it is to have air conditioning, for one, and good friends, for two?  Several people offered to let us come stay with them and someone else loaned us one of the window units.  What a blessing!

So we are going to be using the window units for several days, but it sure does beat the heat!!

Tonight we ate at Chili’s with the Howards.  Then we went to Lowe’s and Home Depot, because TJ Maxx is still 4 weeks away from opening.  (Have I mentioned how much I am LOVING that we are going to have a TJ Maxx within 15 minutes of my house????)

Afterwards we stopped at David’s new favorite place… A&W/Long John Silvers, for some ice cream.

072310 (1) 072310 (2) 072310 (4)

Hope y’all have a fun weekend!

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Blessings on your friends for the window air conditioners!!! I can't imagine trying to sleep without AC.

The Garners said...

Oh no! So sorry about the A/C--not fun! It seems to take a long time to get one fixed around there...when Janice's went out recently it took several days. Call my parents about the box fans if you haven't already, I think they had one from when Janice had problems.

The Garners said...

P.S. I meant to say that I liked the A&W pictures. I guess those three are used to having their pictures made on the Friday night dates! :)

His Doorkeeper said...

The offer is still open...the porch light is always on for you two! I'd even turn down your covers and put a chocolate on your pillow!! How's that??

Kelley said...

Oh that's awful to not have air conditioning. It is so hot right now. Glad you have those window units. You all try to stay cool.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I hate hearing that about your air conditioner but thank goodness you had access to a couple of window units! I'm jealous of that ice cream. :) blessings, marlene