Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

091 – While I’m Waiting …

I took this screen shot of my phone tonight… and I can’t be more excited for what’s coming in 33 days!!

91

I’ve had a song on my mind all day today… last night when I went to bed (late, again) there wasn’t much on TV as I scrolled through the channels… I finally got to the movie “Fireproof”.  There was about an hour left and since I love that movie I decided to finish it.  It always gets to me when they get to the part where they play the song “While I’m Waiting” by John Waller.

I have been waiting on God to do a work in an area of my life that I’ve been worrying and stressing over for the past several years.  Often times I get discouraged, or I try to take the control (which NEVER helps),  but then I’m reminded that I need to wait and trust and have faith.  HE knows my needs.  HE knows what is going on in my life.  HE knows what the end of the story is.  I WANT to rest in Him and completely leave the situation in His hands… will you pray for me that I can do that?

Here’s what John Waller had to say about the song…

While I’m Waiting
Psalm 5:3, 27:14, 33:20, 37:7, 38:15, 40:1, Isaiah  30:18, Lamentations 3:24

"The explanation for this song is simple, I was waiting on God and I was hurting when I wrote the lyrics. I probably wouldn’t have written a song if my friend, Mike, hadn’t encouraged me to document what I was going through during that time. I’m sure there are few people who can’t relate to this song, but the important thing to remember while we’re waiting on God is to not just wait but to actively wait.  Serve, worship and be faithful with what you have, where you are… “even while (you) wait.”

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord
© 2007 Travelin’ Zoo Music (ASCAP) (admin. by EMI CMG Publishing)

And I just want to finish this post with the final thought on my heart today… church was such a blessing today…especially what the Preacher shared from his heart in tonight’s service.  Awesome!

6 comments:

petrii said...

Jacquie,
That house is BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW!! How exciting for K & K ~~

I will be praying for you girl. Waiting is so hard. I am waiting through a very hard time as well, but I came across this song at a time when I was waiting and sitting, now I wait and do....serve, worship and I'm so hopeful.

Thanks for sharing you heart today ~~ love you sweet one,
Dawn

Kelley said...

Their house looks beautiful! I know you can't wait to see them again. Waiting is difficult. It is hard to reconcile God's timing and ours. Sometimes ours is faster. :-)

Lauren said...

Praying for you while you wait, Jacquie! Love ya, girl!!

Claire said...

Waiting is so tough...I'll be praying with you and for you. Love those lyrics.

Cxx

StitchinByTheLake said...

Waiting is so hard but trusting in Him, resting in Him, takes all the frustration and turns it into peace. blessings, marlene

Real Simple said...

i so needed that song, so does my hubby. great 2 entries! Our girls are precious and there is so much going on in there lives. My blog (you read) states..IN HIS HANDS...that is where my whole body, mind and soul (well my soul belongs to Him!) anyway great post! blessings