Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

120 – I’m Blessed! What Can I Say?

I got to spend the afternoon with Ms. Charlsie today… she had a checkup at the doctor so I took her.  I enjoyed listening to her and the doctor as he asked her questions and she answered him. He talked to her for over an hour, one on one… what doctor’s do that nowadays??  He loves how sharp she is at the age of (almost) 92.  I often wish I had tried harder to get to know her in our early years in this neighborhood…I would’ve had my kids over there to play and sit on the porch with them and listen to all the life stories they had to share.  But, I’m so grateful for the years we’ve gotten so close to one another.  She is precious to me.

Speaking of precious…

I got a pleasant surprise when I got my mail today…

Back Camera  Back Camera

Love that signature… and I LOVE those kids!!

Only 4 days left.

7 comments:

Kayla said...

:) can't wait! can't wait! can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

This is a neat post Jacquie! We sometimes don't realize the wisdom the elderly have to offer. How I have wished that I had set down and talked with my grandparents before they passed on. There is so much I would like to know!
Thanks for sharing this.

The Garners said...

So exciting! That's a sweet note and I love the signature too--that's fun! I looked back to try to find the email about when y'all fly back to LR, but maybe I accidentally deleted it?? I'm thinking it was on Tuesday around lunch time? IF you have the time and want to grab a quick lunch, I'd love to meet you (I would probably have a kid or two with me) :), but I totally understand if you're ready to get on the road home. If it looks like it might work out, text me Monday night or something!!?? Again, no problem it it's not good timing for you guys.

HAVE FUN!

Susie said...

Girl I think your excitement is oozing out of my computer screen. So happy you are getting to go see them.

His Doorkeeper said...

You and David are so sweet to be the "children" of a lady who needs you! She is blessed to have you and you are blessed for what you do for her!

Love the note from the two K's. Know you are excited about your trip.

Lauren said...

Soooo sweet!!! Love this post!!! :)

Kelley said...

I know you are so excited! I am excited about this weekend too. My Dad finally comes home. He is so excited.