Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

111 – Welcome to My Neighborhood

This is the view I have from my dirt road every morning when I walk Izzy.  Kale told me how to “stitch” the photos together to give you the complete panoramic view…

111

… it’s even beautiful with brown, brown grass.  I love it with the change of each season, though, and can’t wait for the trees to start turning this fall!!

* * * * * *

David and I went to a visitation for the mother of a friend of ours.  It was a sudden death, so it was very shocking.  I was so impressed with the number of people who came out to pay their respect.  (We walked through the line for two hours.)  She was obviously a woman who lived a life that not only pleased the Lord, but brought love, joy, kindness, and encouragement to others.  What a tribute to a life well lived and an inspiration to reach out and be the hands and feet of Christ for others.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Beautiful panoramic picture!! I need someone to teach me how to do that! Sad about the death, but how nice that she had so many friends to mourn her passing.

The Garners said...

Neat picture! Can you pass along how to do it!?

I was so sorry to hear about that death. I think Mom and Dad planned to go to visitation last night. I'm glad there was such a show of love and support for the family.

Jenn said...

Beautiful country you live in! My sister lives in Pea Ridge and we always love going there for visits.

What a testimony for the precious lady that passed. I want it to be said at my funeral - it wasn't about her it was all about Jesus!

Kelley said...

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your friend. It is wonderful that she had so many friends and family there to celebrate her life.

Love the picture.